1. Introduction to the course
In existing age the field of Electronics & Communication performs a vital role in almost every sphere of our life. It has entered in every field of our existence. It mainly deals with the communication technologies along with the basic electronic components, design of circuits and systems as well as troubleshooting with electronic devices. The prime motive of the B.Tech (ECE) program is to prepare students with vital core competency to prosper long-term in engineering/entrepreneurship careers after completing their B.Tech and are preparing to undertake PG studies and research as career options. There are numerous career options in ECE both in government sector and in the private sector. The Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) course prepares the students for a wide range of engineering study and career options, including Communication engineering, RF and Microwave engineering, Biomedical engineering, Computer hardware, the Aerospace industry, Computer software, Nano electronic chips, Photonics, Nano engineering, Robotics and solar energy harvesting and many more.
2. What are the learning outcomes?
The Learning Outcomes (LO) are designed in such a manner that at the end of the programme, the students passing degree from the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering will be able to:
• L.O.1: apply the knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry and basic engineering science to analyse and design the electronics and communication systems.
• L.O.2: apply the knowledge of basic electrical and electronics techniques including programming and use of modern tools to solve applied engineering problems.
• L.O. 3: acquire an in-depth knowledge of circuit theory, semiconductor devices, microcontroller & embedded system, and apply them for efficient design of different electronics and communication systems/devices.
• L.O.4: acquire an in-depth knowledge of the principle of communication, microwave devices, antenna, fiber optics communication, mobile and satellite communication systems as per needs of industry and institute.
• L.O.5:acquire the knowledge of measurement and control theory that can be applied to measure and control the electronics parameter and system.
• L.O. 6: design and conduct experiments, measure, analyse, and interpret the data.
• L.O.7: identify, formulate and investigate further reading to solve the engineering problems.
• L.O.8: understand the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.understand the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.
• L.O. 9: express effectively in both verbal and written forms.
• L.O. 10: be familiar with industries and industrial working environment.
• L.O.11: adapt technological developments from time to time.
• L.O.12: work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and excel as an individual as well as a team member showing leadership quality in the working environment.
• L.O.13: understand norms of professional and ethical behaviour in engineering practices.
• L.O.14:use new modern techniques and tools for application in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
3. Subjects covered:
- Electrical and Electronics Technology
- Electronic Devices
- Analog Electronic Circuits
- Signals and Networks
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Digital Electronics
- Communication Systems-I
- Digital Signal Processing
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- Communication Systems-II
- VLSI Systems Design
- Embedded Systems Design
- Data Communication and Computer Networks /Optical Fiber Communication/Biomedical Electronics
- Control Systems
- Microwave Engineering
- Antenna & Wave Propagation/Power Electronics/Adaptive Signal Processing
- Wireless Communication/Image & Video Processing /Low Power VLSI Design
The department offers minor programs like B.Tech (regular) with Diploma in Management, B.Tech (regular) with minor in Biotechnology, and B.Tech (regular) with minor in Computer Science and Engineering.
5. Lab Infrastructure
- Analog Electronic Circuits Lab
- Signals and Networks Lab
- Communication Systems-I Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab
- Microprocessors and microcontrollers Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Communication Systems-II Lab
- VLSI Systems Design Lab
- Embedded System Design Lab
- Control Systems Lab
- Microwave Engineering Lab
- Antenna & Wave Propagation Lab
- Wireless Communication Lab
6. Internships/Project work
During industrial visits as well as internships, students gain the knowledge of state-of-the art of electronics technologies and other advanced software tools used by the industries these days. So, students are provided with a golden opportunity to apply their knowledge and co-relate working principles between theory and practice. The interaction between industry and academia also leads to development of professional attributes of the students which is find a great importance during on campus or off campus drives. This also leads to extension of professional network of the students as well as improves their troubleshooting abilities. Last but not the least, students also learn about the safety measures followed by various industries.
The following are the organizations/ industries/ companies/ institutions/ projects where the students of ECE are engaged as internee.
7. Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities:
◦ Industry connect through outreach programmes
◦ Dedicated team (CDC) for Career Development of students
◦ Preparatory technical sessions for placement drives
◦ Soft-skill training and GD sessions
◦ Free GATE Coaching by experienced faculty
◦ Free Professional studies and Foreign Language classes
◦ Emphasis and encouragement on research publications of undergraduate and post graduate students via industry relevant final year projects and mini-projects.
60% overall in 10+2 with PM + Chem/ Bio.Tech/Biology/Technical Vocational (with 45%)