- Introduction to the course
Online security and forensics are one of the most important aspect in current world. The demand for cyber security and digital forensics is expected to be driven by stringent government regulations and the increasing instances of cyberattacks on enterprises. Moreover, the massive use of Online Application, Mobile and IoT devices is expected to increase the demand for online security and digital forensics software during while at use. A four-year cyber security degree program focuses on the array of methods used to protect data and information systems. Course work combines criminal psychology, digital forensics and policy analysis to provide a complete perspective of IT security.
The demand of career in cyber security in rapidly increasing among the young ages. Those who want to pursue his/her career in cyber security and forensics either in industry or in research should definitely choose this course.
- What are the learning outcomes?
After completing this course students are able:
- To continue to utilize and enhance their engineering and security training to solve problems related to data and network security that are globally relevant and based on ethically sound principles.
- To understand basic cryptographic algorithms, message and web authentication and security issues and to identify information system requirements for both of them such as client and server.
- To understand the legal issues related to information security and resolve them.
- To analyze and judge the security threats and suggest measure to prevent from possible attacks.
- To identify the cyber-criminal through proper forensics study of cyber intrusion.
- IT Application & Data Security
- Information Security Governance
- Hacking & Penetration Testing
- Digital Forensics
- Cyber Security & Forensics Laboratory
- Lab Infrastructure (if applicable):
- Specialization Laboratories:
- IT Application & Data Security Lab
- IT Security Lab
- Hacking & Penetration Testing Lab
- Core Laboratories are:
- Python Programming Lab
- Data Structure Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Algorithm Design Lab
- Computer Organization Lab
- Data Base Management System Lab
- Operating System Lab
- Computer Network Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Lab
- Internships/Project work
- The internship is to be carried out at the end of 6th semester of study.
- The candidates are selected for internship by a campus selection process.
- Internship helps students to build field knowledge and to understand the flow of work in the industry.
- Students have to complete “Avant – Garde Projects” from 1st Semester to 5th Semester to generate skills in engineering from the beginning of study.
- Student also has to complete a major project at final year which leads to the partial fulfilment of the degree.
- These processes of learning will enhance student’s motivation towards the course and career.
- Some previous internship done by students are:
- Indian Statistical Institute
- Tata Steel
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
- Scope Telecom
- Kreeti technologies
- Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities
- One of the most important and sought-after careers in current market.
- There are hundreds of job titles in cyber security, but some of the top position includes Security Analyst, Security Architect, Security Software Developer, Cryptanalyst, Security Engineer, Security Administrator, Cryptographer, Security Consultant.
- Besides, an engineering graduate in this program can choose to pursue post graduates studies such as Master of Engineering (M.E) or Master of Technology (M.Tech) or MBA.
- Besides, engineering graduates in this spcialization has a very good research scope which leads to a doctoral degree (Ph.D.).
- For better career opportunities and training Adamas University has Career Development Cell (CDC) who administer all placement and training related issue. Various seminars and lectures series are organized by CDC to update students about present technology, trend, markets, and opportunities.
Minimum 50% aggregate in10th or equivalent examination and minimum 60% aggregate in 10 +2 or equivalent from any recognized board with PM + Chem/ Bio. Tech/ Biology/Technical Vocational (with 45%), subject to securing a minimum of 45% marks in each individual subject.
Duration (in Year): 4