1.Introduction to the course
This course is designed with the growing demand of AI/ML in almost every industry which is compelling the employees across the globe to learn new skills. With this course an engineering graduate will gain skills of AI/ML concepts through various specialized subjects as the sub part of Artificial Intelligence. The demand for AI/ML specialization will continue to grow, which increases the value of Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in AI/ML degree.
A candidate who want to make a career in machine learning engineering or as a data scientist or data analyst or so s/he should study this course.
The global machine learning market was valued at $1.58B in 2017 and is expected to reach $20.83B in 2024, growing at a CAGR of 44.06% between 2017 and 2024. Projected to grow at a CAGR of 42.8% from 2018 to 2024, the global ML market will worth $30.6B in four years. So, this course is perfect for any aspirant who wants to study Computer Science and Engineering decorated with cutting edge technology and grow with current market demand.
2. What are the learning outcomes?
After completing this course students will be able:
- Apply AI & ML techniques to a given business problem and utilize its benefits to formulate business problems into AI & ML problem.
- Analyze any problem and provide solution through ML algorithm which leads to intelligent and adaptive solution.
- Device/propose new ML model for a specific problem.
- Demonstrate leadership in their respective careers in computer science engineering with specialization (Hons.) in AI/ML or interrelated areas of industry, government, academia, and research.
- Continue to use and enhance their engineering skills to understand term that implies the use of a computer to model and/or replicate intelligent behaviour.
- Engage in life-long learning by continuing their education in graduate or professional school or through opportunities for advanced career or professional training.
- Algorithm for Intelligent System and Robot,
- Application of machine learning in industries and Anomaly Detection
- Data Analysis & Modelling Technique
- Neural Network and Deep Learning Fundamentals
- Overview of Recent Trends in AI/ML
4.Lab Infrastructure (if applicable):
- The Specialization Laboratories are:
- Algorithm for Intelligent System and Robot Lab
- Application of machine learning in industries and Anomaly Detection Lab
- Neural Network and Deep Learning Fundamentals Lab
- Core Laboratories are:
- Python Programming Lab
- Data Structure Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Algorithm Design Lab
- Computer Organization Lab
- Data Base Management System Lab
- Operating System Lab
- Computer Network Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Lab
- The internship is to be carried out at the end of 6th semester of study.
- The candidates are selected for internship by a campus selection process.
- Internship helps students to build field knowledge and to understand the flow of work in the industry.
- Students have to complete “Avant – Garde Projects” from 1st Semester to 5th Semester to generate skills in engineering from the beginning of study.
- Student also has to complete a major project at final year which leads to the partial fulfilment of the degree.
- These processes of learning will enhance student’s motivation towards the course and career.
- Some previous internship done by students are:
- Indian Statistical Institute
- Tata Steel
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
- Scope Telecom
- Kreeti technologies
6.Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities
- One of the biggest scopes and opportunities in the market is AI/ML.
- Specific growth areas cited in various reports included jobs of Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Architect, Machine Learning Engineer, Data Science Manager, etc.
- In general engineering graduates with the degree in AI/ML have immense opportunities in the following industries: Smart Maintenance, Better Product Development, Predictive Analytics, Quality Improvement, Market Adaptations, Healthcare, Finance and Start-ups.
- After this course students can choose to study post-graduation in engineering/technology (M.E./M.TECH) or in management (MBA).
- Besides, engineering graduates in this spcialization has a very good research scope which leads to a doctoral degree (Ph.D.).
- For better career opportunities and training Adamas University has Career Development Cell (CDC) who administer all placement and training related issue. Various seminars and lectures series are organized by CDC to update students about present technology, trend, markets, and opportunities.
60% Overall in 10+2, PCM required, rest as per AICTE