1. Introduction to the course
The fundamental concepts of computer science are inevitable part of any engineering field as automation is the buzzword for today’s industries. This course will build a strong support for engineering graduates in other than computer science and engineering. This course also gives a better understanding of how to virtualize or create simulation prototype using different programming tools.
A candidate who want to make a career in such an interdisciplinary field should study this course.
This Course covers 25credits extra starting with some programming concepts and some advances in it with respect to new trends of computational subjects. After pass-out, they will land in jobs in Consulting, Software Development and IT companies along with the jobs in respective core industries. If anyone choose for higher study may go for M.Tech in CSE.
2.What are the learning outcomes?
The fundamental aim is to instill a passion for learning, scientific discovery, innovation, entrepreneurial skills in an engineering graduate who, through this program will be able to–
- Apply respective domain knowledge in simulation.
- Automate supply chain management and foresee the market by predictive analysis.
- Devise smart prototype of an engineering projects.
- Solve complex industrial production through programming and simulation.
- Produce high quality and optimized output that maximize profit.
Course Structure of Minor in Bio-Technology
|S. No||Semester||Course Title||L||T||P||Contact|
|1.||III||Data Structure & Algorithm||3||0||0||3||3|
|2.||III||Data Structure & Algorithm Lab||0||0||3||3||1|
|3.||IV||Object Oriented Programming||3||0||0||3||3|
|4.||IV||Object Oriented Programming Lab||0||0||3||3||1|
|5.||V||Database Management System||3||0||0||3||3|
|6.||V||Database Management System Lab||0||0||3||3||1|
|7.||VI||Computer Architecture & Operating Systems||3||0||0||3||3|
|8.||VI||Minor Course PROJECT||0||0||3||3||2|
|9.||VII||Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||3||0||0||3||3|
|a. Data Structure & Algorithm|
|b. Object Oriented Programming|
|c. Database Management System|
|d. Computer Architecture & Operating Systems|
|e. Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning|
5. Lab Infrastructure (if applicable):
- Data Structure & Algorithm Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- The internship is to be carried out at the end of 6th semester of study.
- The candidates are selected for internship by a campus selection process.
- Internship helps students to build field knowledge and to understand the flow of work in the industry.
- Students have to complete “Avant – Garde Projects” from 1st Semester to 5th Semester to generate skills in engineering from the beginning of study.
- Student also has to complete a major project at final year which leads to the partial fulfilment of the degree.
- These processes of learning will enhance student’s motivation towards the course and career.
- Some previous internship done by students are:
- Indian Statistical Institute
- Tata Steel
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)
- Scope Telecom
- Kreeti technologies
7.Placement & Career Opportunities / Research Opportunities
- Career opportunities with this degree are numerous and include positions like database manager or software developer, IT Consultant etc. Job responsibilities include designing and manipulating complex databases, creating intelligent machine and algorithms or developing new software for project and research needs. Compensation is generally handsome. After this course students can choose to study post-graduation in engineering/technology (M.E./M.TECH) or in management (MBA).
- Besides, engineering graduates in this specialization has a very good research scope which leads to a doctoral degree (Ph.D.).
- For better career opportunities and training Adamas University has Career Development Cell (CDC) who administer all placement and training related issue. Various seminars and lectures series are organized by CDC to update students about present technology, trend, markets, and opportunities.
- For B.Tech
A candidate must secure 50% Overall in 10+2 having Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 10+2 level from any recognized Boar/Council/University.
- For M.Sc. (Science)
B.Sc.(Science) with 50% overall from any recognized University.